News / Articles
Canoe Instructor Job Opening
Monday, April 14, 2014
Canoe Instructor for Loppet Adventure Camp
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Weeks include June 9-13, June 16-20, July 7-11, July 14-18, July 21-25, July 28-August 1, August 4-8, August 11-15.
Additional one-day opportunities: June 23, June 24, July 1, July 2
Salary: $325 per week
Theodore Wirth Park, Minneapolis MN 55422
- - - - - - - - - - -
Loppet Adventure Camp is a week-long day camp with a maximum of 60 kids, ages 9-13, who split into groups of 8-10 with two counselors, and rotate through activities including mountain biking, canoeing, rollerskiing, orienteering, capture the flag, ultimate frisbee, swimming, and more.
Looking for somebody:
- Motivated, passionate, and at least 18 years of age
- Knowledgeable and able to explain and demonstrate canoeing fundamentals and techniques through lessons and games
- Currently First Aid/CPR trained
- Currently Lifeguard certified
- Preferably with USCA or ACA instructor training
- Organizing and setup/takedown of all equipment
- Acting as an enthusiastic role model for outdoor activities
- Instructing groups through lessons, water time, games, proper canoe handling etiquette, and water safety.
- Must undergo counselor training during evenings and weekends, between May 27 - May 31st.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Contact: Please send questions & resumes to Allie Rykken at firstname.lastname@example.org.